Sunday, August 26, 2012

Life With Bees

Nothing like trying out new products, especially when they are given to you from amazing friends (you know who you are) as a birthday present. I've been eyeing the Burt's Bees skin products for a while but just couldn't afford the pricetag that came with each jar and tube until that moment when I opened my birthday gift (thank you thank you thank you). I have quite sensitive skin which has a tantrum everytime it doesn't like something and it has become a somewhat tricky trial and error process to find the products that suit my skin. So it made sense to go as natural as possible and since Burt's Bees seem to offer that... well... I just had to try it (damn you temptation!).


Radiance Body Lotion
Honey Lip Balm
Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

Since receiving the jar and tubes of goodies, I haven't actually opened the Radiance Body Lotion since I have several other lotions in use at the moment. I'm currently saving that one for when summer rolls around in a month or two, but knowing Auckland... it's probably going to be late again, or worse, pathetically short. 

The Honey Lip Balm does moisturize quite well but I'm not sure if it differs much in terms of results when compared to what I usually use which is the Nivea Lip Care Repair and Protection Balm. Well at least its 100% natural ~


The thing I love most about the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is probably the packaging. Classic labelling and intricate illustrations, combined with the metal container that pushes the air out as you slide the lid on....just makes you want to sigh~ Not to mention when you open it for the first time the smell of lemon sorbet just dances in front of your nose. As a complete novice to this whole cuticle cream phenomenon/mycuticlesneedcream?/thing, I wasn't entirely sure how to use it. The cream is in a solid hard form and slightly waxy and greasy once it melts against your finger tips. At the same time, it releases that oh-so-familar lemon sorbet smell (Oh summer how I miss you~!). Still not entirely sure what the result is suppose to be and because I am increasely forgetful these days, I tend to skip the cuticle treatment entirely. So far I've used it a couple of times and my nail beds look normal, I suppose its keep it healthy since I suffocate my nails weekly with nail polish. Having finger tips smelling of lemon sorbet definitely is a perk on a drab winters day ~

Note to self: Look after your nails and hands better. Kthanks - Self

No comments:

Post a Comment