Monday, November 5, 2012

The Return of Armageddon

Armageddon Expo just gets bigger every year and since the last time I went was 6 years ago, it seemed like a good way to spend Auckland's Labour weekend checking out the expo. The cosplay scene has expanded since last time I went, hence the first obstacle was what to wear? The weather didn't help as it rained consistantly and then laughed at our faces when the showground's carpark became fully occupied forcing us to park further away. At least we saved $6 in parking...

Once we entered the human filled entrance way, we made our way to the stalls. There was stuff EVERYWHERE! And was it overpriced... yes... but that didn't stop us from gawking at all the things we wished we had... There were some "unofficial" stuff floating around *cough* which we were kind of disappointed with but we managed to buy some official trinkets for ourselves as souvenirs.



Being in the crowd, it felt the expo was all about looking at seeing new things - costume gawking. I for one was super keen to check out everyone's costumes and take some notes for  future DIY projects but man...   there were some hardout costumes. Kudoes to those that made their own costumes. What I would give to "drive" a Dalek.

It was pretty much mandatory to check out all the consoles and gaming devices that are out or soon to be released. Super excited for Playstation's Book of Spells for the Harry Potter series (J.K.Rowling just take my money please) and I can't wait to get my hands on Little Big Planet Karting. I've never played a Nintendo 3DS either and it was the first time I actually got to hold it. For someone who has the old old old old Nintendo Gameboy (a shell now that it has stopped working) it did pull on the heart strings and the wallet strings. Yes nostalgia is telling me I should get one but maybe when a better colour of the 3DS XL comes out... Oh Dear Santa...



No comments:

Post a Comment