Saturday, September 1, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom

The other night I went to see Moonrise Kingdom at Monterey Cinema in Howick. It is a small but cosy little theater with a history dating back to the 1930s. And guess what? they also provide high tea during the afternoon sessions! Isn't that great? It offers a range of quality tea from peppermint herbal to pomegranate oonlong served in intricate little vintage tea sets. It has the perfect nostalgic atmosphere to watch a 1960s styled indie film. 


Top Monterey Cinema entrance
High tea
Left High tea Right Cafe
Cinema interior
Ending credit

Moonrise Kingdom is a really great film. I've been wanting to watch it for ages, but didn't know when it will be released here in "middle earth". I loved everything in it, from the cinematography, the actors, the wardrobe to the music composition. Oh no... I just can't get that song out of my head...

"Cuckoo cuckoo What do you dooooooo...in April I open my bill. In maaaaaaay I sing night and day. In Juuuuuuuune I change my tune.............."

No comments:

Post a Comment